Director of Financial Reporting
Post Date : 06 June 2017
Robert Half are working with a US Listed company based in Dubai. Due to a reorganization they are looking to recruit a Director of Financial Reporting.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the consolidation and financial reporting for the Company in compliance with US GAAP, debt facility documentation and the SEC or any future stock market requirements. This position oversees the technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. The Director of Financial Reporting assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. This position facilitates the process and systems improvement initiatives to support financial reporting. Interacts with Senior Management and external investors and manages the Financial Reporting team.
- Ensures timely preparation, accurate reporting and filing of periodic reports such as Form 10-Q and Form 10-K and associated consolidated financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and supporting schedules
- Ensures compliance with all new standards and guidance issued by the SEC, FASB, US GAAP rules and regulations
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting if/when applicable
- Ensures timely preparation, accurate reporting and filing of periodic Non-US GAAP Financial Report for bondholders and investors as well as press releases
- Ensures that all filing deadlines are met and all US GAAP and Investor requirements are fulfilled
- Maintains an understanding of the overall business environment, Company business activities and corporate structure
- Demonstrates the ability to not only identify integration risks and issues, but recommend solutions
- In charge of financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB. Oversees preparation of technical accounting papers to support the Company's position and impact on the Company.
- Assists in preparing investors presentations and supports investors' questions as required
- Will often be driven by firm deadlines and quick product turnaround expectations, thus must be able to accommodate such environment.
- Responsible for effective implementation and maintenance of Company's Financial Reporting policies and procedures
- Assists with the implementation and ongoing internal controls compliance requirements
- Liaison with Accounting Department, Field personnel, internal and external Legal Counsel and external independent auditors
- Handles and assigns special projects providing answers on a timely basis to a variety of financial accounting and operational questions of significant importance
- Assists with Hyperion Financial Management software developments, and identifies/participates in future ERP requirements
- Grows the analysis capability of the business to better serve management by looking externally as well as internally
- Assists in recruiting, training and evaluating staff, and implementing continued professional training
- CPA in US GAAP jurisdiction required 5 plus years of management experience with professional-level direct reports in Financial Systems Ability to communicate and interpret business requirements Ability to perform under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and manage conflicting priorities Solid knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations.
- Flexibility to work hours needed to meet filings and Senior Management deadlines
- High level of self-integrity, ingenuity and initiative, attention to detail
- Public Company financial reporting experience required
- 10 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in SEC/US GAAP financial reporting management
- Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting
- Excellent Package available
Gate Village 1, Level 1