Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
July 31, 2018
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working exclusively with a leading company based in Dubai. My client has gone from strength to strength this year and is involved in some of the most iconic projects in the region. Due to this significant growth and a number of high profile projects already lined up they have identified a need for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
The position is responsible for building and leading a first class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function by effectively managing a team of analysts and engaging with the regional finance organizations and stakeholders to Support the CFO and ensure effective business performance by providing relevant historic and forward looking performance assessments, identifying opportunities for growth and efficiencies. Lead and manage the financial planning cycle of the timely delivery of accurate strategic plans, budgets and forecasts as well as ad hoc analyses. Lead and ensure that revenue management tools are in place to deliver relevant pricing analyses in support of leasing and asset management decisions.
- Spearhead the financial planning cycle for a timely delivery of business performance analyses, strategic plans, budget, forecasts, and business presentations.
- Manage and ensure that timely and accurate financial results and analyses are produced that reflect the true financial condition of operating assets, developments, regions, cost centers, and countries within the BU for all fiscal periods.
- Collaborate with the regional finance team and leadership to provide meaningful insights by undertaking analyses and validating non-financial and financial key performance indicators.
- Manage and deliver accurate and relevant analyses of historic and forward looking performance to provide efficient and effective financial planning management support to the BU to enable timely and accurate decision making.
- Drive business performance by engaging with the business and regional counterparts to secure accurate forecasts and identify opportunities for growth, cost efficiencies, and investment.
- Build up and maintain adequate revenue management tools to support business performance analyses and decision making with respect to lease renewals, new lettings, and asset management initiatives.
- Provide assistance and support for a variety of ad hoc initiatives, including financial systems improvements, process enhancements etc.
- Liaise with the Corporate and regional teams to secure that reporting and planning systems and processes within the BU are efficient, effective and consistent with the company's governance processes.
- Identify and report systems and process improvements opportunities relating to the closing, budgeting and planning cycles (including on systems); share best practice, recommend solutions and oversee the implementation of relevant preventive/corrective initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Build the capability of staff reporting into by providing on time regular feedback including annual review on performance and identify areas of improvement / reinforcement for further development.
- Manage, guide and mentor the team reporting into and take full responsibility in identifying potential talent and supporting professional development.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the company's values in the assigned area of responsibility and ensure that relevant team adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Minimum 12 years of post-qualification experience working within a Finance support function, with exposure to FP&A and strategic planning responsibilities in an international environment.
- Experience in working with Oracle and Hyperion
- Financial literacy and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Arabic language skills are preferred
Salary and Benefits
Up to $200,000 plus excellent Family benefits