Director of Finance and Operations
July 2, 2018
Finance & Accounting
A global multinational company is working exclusively with Robert Half to recruit a Director of Finance & Operations for their Dubai operation, covering and managing the Middle East business.
My client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Director of Finance & Operations to supervise the finance and admin function in the Middle East. The position reports to the global Chief Financial Officer based in London and indirectly to the Managing Director of the Middle East.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of accurate monthly reporting, forecasting and commentary in line with group deadlines and local GAAP
- Responsible for an accurate and realistic analysis - monthly reporting under IFRS explaining and optimising the figures.
- Assist and advise Partners in clients' deals and assignments in relation to project
- budgeting, compliance and finance terms
- Work with case managers and monitor financials of all clients' projects to guarantee
- Profitability in line with the original set budget.
- Manage the relations with consultants, building trust and being strict when necessary.
- Act as member of the office Management Team.
- Supervise invoicing process to invoice in line with deliverables to guarantee prompt
- Follow up and escalation of all outstanding debt
- Provide up to date cash flow forecasts for ME region
- Escalation of any potential risk factors in the business
- Handle external relationships with local banks, auditors, tax and legal advisors
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Recommend changes that will improve the companies' financial performance and
- financial controls
- Continual review of process to find efficiency gains and quality improvements
- Work with Sage to provide improved reporting
- Monitor financials of client projects: profitability, timely invoicing and prompt payment.
- Oversee accounting system (Sage) processing function and related activities.
- Undertake the month end closing and upload the data to the groups consolidated reporting
- Report the monthly results and analysis to the local management and corporate team.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly cash forecast.
- Facilitate preparation of the annual budget and related information as required.
- Handle regular and ad hoc information requests and reporting both locally and with the Monthly balance sheet review and sign offs to ensure correct accounting processing in line with IFRS and corporate policies.
- Review of all intercompany agreements, invoicing and payments.
- Qualified Accountant
- Degree (Finance or accounting) and professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules, tax, audit, treasury, accounting
- procedures and standards including solid internal controls
- Strong knowledge in IFRS with an emphasis on revenue recognition rules
- Knowledge of the region (business culture, legal and tax environment)
- Experience in Services (ideally consulting) industry preferred
- Fluency in English is a must, Arabic an advantage
- Experience of a multinational company
40,000aed per month