Director Capital Markets Compliance
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 11 July 2017
Top Tier International Bank seeks a Compliance Director to focus on the Capital Markets/Global Banking business.
My client a Top Tier International Bank is looking out for an experienced candidate to join its team. The candidate will have a regional GCC remit and will work closely with the team head, and get exposure to regional projects. It is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking for challenging job assignments and greater career exposure to join a leading bank with extensive presence across the globe.
My ideal candidate would have existing knowledge of Capital Markets products (Fixed Income, Structured Products, Investment Banking) and good knowledge of FCA, and other relevant regulatory policies in the region. Experience covering Equities / Derivatives / Sales & Trading would be an essential component.
Day-to-day responsibilities for Director of Compliance (Global Markets) include:
- Build, oversee, monitor and continuously enhance the second-line compliance program.
- Maintain and update all policies, procedures and internal controls designed to oversee and challenge the first line's compliance with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Monitor and test the compliance and supervision program.
- Respond promptly to detected non-compliance and recommend corrective action;
- Support the local launch of global compliance initiatives including firm-wide Compliance program,
Ideal requirements for Director Compliance (Global Markets) include:
- Degree graduate with at least 7-10 years of work experience in a global organisation, especially in Capital Markets/Global Banking Compliance
- Experience within investment banking, corporate banking and Capital Markets Trading Products, bank systems or operations would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Banking and securities regulations (including experience having contact with the FCA, MAS, APRA, HKMA and SFC) and knowledge of industry best practices in compliance, governance and risk management;
- Good understanding and knowledge of investment banking, corporate banking and Capital Markets Trading products business;
Qualifications & Skills
- Candidates must have 5-8 years' experience in a Compliance advisory capacity within a multinational bank
- Experience in an European or Developed jurisdiction is preferred.
- Advise business on compliance & regulatory matters relating to Sanctions/AML/ABC as well as financial services industry-related practices.
- Evaluate products, services, geographies and customer segments of the bank that might be vulnerable to Sanction/AML/ABC and regulatory risks.
- Implement and follow up on strong recommendations to address high risk situations (such as dropping a long-standing client/product line/country).
- Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations.
- Partner with legal counsels for matters regarding individual and country liability
- Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security
- Partner with regulators locally or globally
- Influence and help develop global standards
Gate Village 1, Level 1