Post Date : 14 June 2017
To support in the daily operations of the legal and compliance department by reviewing, gathering, organizing and processing information relevant to transactions/deals/investment and general contracts in order to provide appropriate legal advise to business and support functions.
The Jobholder is required to assist the legal and compliance manager in managing the legal and compliance department as an additional in-house legal capability. Much of the time will be spent carrying out routine tasks such as drafting, reviewing documents and updating records
- Assist in analysing all deals/projects/investments in respect to potential risk and local and GCC legal compliance.
- To ensure that financial and investment transactions are carried out in accordance to the law of the country in order to protect GII's interest.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing all investment/deal documents and general contract/agreement documents to ensure compliance with laid down polices.
- Assist in company's litigation process and any other business legal needs by reviewing litigation and document and providing appropriate advise.
- To be proactive and assist in identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities in order to escalate it to the line manager.
- To assist in safe keeping of all legal documents pertaining to legal transaction and contracts/agreement.
- To assist line manager in the development process of company's policies, procedures and controls at various levels through input of legal advice on relevant aspects referred.
- To assist in developing legal policies, processes and procedures and manage their implementation to ensure all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled
- To assist in preparation of management reports, legal advise documents and case summary for litigation etc.
- To proactively seek to develop own skills, knowledge and competence in order to increase the level of personal contribution/performance
- To carry out any other duties or tasks as required or instructed by the line manager to support the smooth operation of the legal department.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
Education level required: A law degree
Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a law firm or a corporate legal department.
Specialist Skills required for the Job: Fluent in Arabic and English (both spoken and written), as well as having excellent communication skills, excellent knowledge of UAE/GCC Laws, and Legal System in the region, accurate and detailed in paper work.
Attention to detail: Ensures that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal/external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Influencing: Builds commitment to recommendation or course of action by understanding the position of others and presenting arguments, facts and figures in a way they will find most persuasive.
Using information effectively: Collects and collates necessary facts, figures and opinions, using a range of resources and adds value by identifying patterns, trends and relationships in the data.
Self-Motivation: Puts energy and commitment into completing a piece of work and doing it to the best of ability. Looks for ways to meet and exceeding challenging performance standards and targets, setting personal goal at or beyond business expectations
Salary & Benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1