Location : Dubai
Post Date : 10 July 2017
The Regional Controller will be responsible for the supervision of US GAAP reporting, statutory accounting, SOX, controlling and internal control compliance in the region. The Regional Controller will direct the commercial finance organization, GBS & business partners in the region on accounting standards as well as internal controls, will be the link between the corporate finance functions (Corporate Controllers Group, Tax, Internal audit, Tech Ops) and local country finance teams. The Controller will provide finance support to ERP projects, legal entity integrations and various other finance integration initiatives.
- Ensure US GAAP and statutory financial requirements are delivered and adhered to in line with corporate financial policies and local accounting regulations
- Providing of accounting advice and guidance to country Finance teams, particularly in complex areas requiring advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Active support of business development activity from finance due diligence and accounting perspectives; liaising with the multi-disciplinary teams within company, and external accountants, during the evaluation and acquisition phases
- Supervise the monthly close on a timely basis and make sure the books are closed on time
- Support of external Accounting providers in queries and bookings
- Support the local team on all finance related queries
- Payment verification and approval, contacting vendors and bank, local teams to mitigate errors
- Verification and approval of payroll and payroll related taxes
- Verification and approval of closing entries, accruals and review and sign off on the P&L
- Booking of regular BES entries related to separated MEA rep offices, issuing invoice for recharged costs, FX impact, payment transfers
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline
- Responsible for all financials aspects re setting up new legal entities in the region like setting up bank accounts, chart of accounts, liaising with external Accounting providers etc.
- All compliance, including Sarbanes Oxley controls, internal and external audit liaison
- Statutory Accounts, Government statistics and submissions, Corporation tax & VAT compliance
- Manage Balance sheet review
- Interface with Corporate Services
- Perform Monthly/Quarterly/Annual corporate reporting
- Key contact for integration projects: ERP systems integration, legal entity consolidation, other finance projects
- Act as international partner for external auditors and co-ordination of audit process with LOC's.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in finance/economics
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CPA or equivalent) will be a strong asset
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and S-Ox is essential
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Previous "Big 4" Accounting/Consulting experience is a plus
Field of Expertise
- Accounting, Audit, Controlling, Reporting, IT Systems, Project Management, internal/external control
Functional / Specific Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator- this is central to the success of the role, since the ability to persuade and negotiate
- Pro-active in both thought and action. Excellent at taking initiative (Self-Starter), guiding and influencing others outside the finance team toward goal accomplishment. Must be focused on working with the team to maximize overall value.
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and juggle multiple competing priorities for different stakeholders.
- Comfortable dealing with an expected level of ambiguity
- Must be capable of working in fast-paced, self-directed, and changing environment
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and influence decisions
- Strong partnering and leadership ability and credibility with peers and management
- Can do attitude to accompany change
- Strong business acumen and internal/external customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure, manage tight reporting deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve objectives
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization, from executive and functional leaders to regional and operations resources
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make good fact-based decisions on your own.
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to travel business (+25% of the time)
- 35k AED per month plus flights, medical, insurance, bonus - No schooling
Gate Village 1, Level 1