Support the Compliance Manager to manage non-compliance risks for the bank in the Gulf region.
A small team supporting the Compliance activities for the bank's branches in the UAE and in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). Primary areas of activity include financial security, capital markets compliance, and regulatory compliance.
- Issue compliance and financial security opinions on compliance risks related to counterparties and transactions
- Investigate transaction alerts and make decisions on the dispensation of the alerts
- Perform controls to assess effectiveness of the compliance risk management framework
- Provide guidance and feedback to operational and middle office staff performing first level controls on transactions and KYC's
- Maintain close contact across internal departments in order to anticipate and proactively address compliance issues as well as disseminate compliance culture
- Manage the staff training program in relation to compliance topics
- Support the Compliance Manager to assess the compliance impact of new products and activities and issue compliance opinions.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of changing compliance policies and regulatory requirements and support the Head of Compliance to assess impact on policies and processes
- Support the Compliance Manager in regulatory interactions, including reporting requirements and other correspondence
- Organize the compliance committees including information packs, and represent the compliance function in other control committees as assigned
- Provide back-up to the Compliance Manager during absences.
Contacts / Professional interactions
Relationship Managers, Capital Markets staff, Back office / Middle Office, Permanent Control, Internal Audit, Legal Dept., Compliance team at HO
Bachelor's degree minimum, and preferably a Master's degree.
Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in the wholesale / corporate banking segment within a major international bank, including at least 3+ years in an independent compliance function - though experience in compliance related positions or other control functions (e.g. Risk) may also be considered.
Financial security (AML) risk assessment
Knowledge of capital markets (swaps, options) would be desirable.
Strong analytical and communication skills required as well as the ability to work autonomously and to cooperate/work effectively across disciplines.
Must be completely fluent in English. Arabic or French desirable.
A leading International Bank are recruiting an experienced Compliance Officer to complement their busy Compliance team.
Reporting to: Compliance Manager, who is responsible for Compliance function for Gulf Countries.