Chief Financial Officer
AED60000 - 65000 / month
22nd February 2019
Our client, a Dubai based family office with a diversified portfolio, is looking for an experienced CFO to join their executive management team. The successful candidate should be an experienced chief financial officer who has prior experience working for a family office or private investment firm.
Together with oversight of operational finance, the CFO will also be responsible for corporate finance, fund raising, stakeholder relations, and implementing an entirely new finance and accounting framework.
It is required that the CFO is a fluent (native) Arabic speaker, as this role will involve close liaison with board members, who are native Arabic speakers, together with liaising with relevant government agencies.
- Assist CEO in developing group strategy for finance
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital funding and budgeting processes
- Develop financial and investment performance metrics
- Manage the finance/accounting, investor relations, and treasury departments as they develop.
- Oversee the financial operations of the family office and the corporate operations in accordance with IFRS
- Support valuations, acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Financial Reporting and Risk Management
- Report financial results to the CEO and board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile and its subsidiaries
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping & financial reporting meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts/cash management
- Arrange for debt and equity financing (capital structure)
- Oversee treasury, in particular by investing funds in the markets
- Negotiate Pricing, establish and maintain banking and relationships.
- Senior financial personnel with over 10+ years of management experience in treasury and financial management.
- Proven prior experience in wealth and investment management, preferably working in family offices in the GCC.
- Exposure to capital markets, DCM/ECM, fund raising, bank and private debt.
- Commercial mindset, able to analyse, review, and make recommendations on operational and strategy for portfolio businesses
- Broad industry/sector coverage, including education, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, and private equity style transactions
- Process and best practiced focused
- Hold a finance qualification, preferable with CFA
- A fluent (native) Arabic speaker
- For the reasons outlined above, only fluent Arabic speakers will be considered for this role.
- AED 60,000 - 65,000 per month
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700