Chief Financial Officer
AED1800000 - 1800000 / annum
Finance & Accounting
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports to the CEO and manages all group financial affairs.
The CFO ensures the integrity of the financial data and information, secures needed financing enabling growth of the company, and align stakeholders in the company by providing accurate financial information.
The CFO needs to work closely with the CEO and board to devise and monitor the financial strategy of the business profitably and sustainably (i.e., the financial architect of the business).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CFO will work closely with the CEO, Executives of Corporate Departments, Managing Directors of Operating Entities, and Heads of Finance in subsidiaries to accomplish goals and strategic plans:
- Ensure accounting records and financial statements (monthly and annually) of subsidiaries comply with local reporting laws as well as IFRS and are produced timeously.
- Annual audit report at the level of the holding and consolidated level. Supervise the audit at the level of the subsidiaries in coordination with the local Finance Managers. Responsible of Tax declarations and management of tax issues at the level of the Group.
- Monthly financial statements and management report in accordance with IFRS - starting quarterly then monthly. Review of the monthly reports.
- Management and on-going review of bank facilities utilized by the holding companies / subsidiaries and the terms thereof for adequacy as well as compatibility with the cash flow cycles of the group. On the basis of the review, negotiate new facilities with banks to meet the group needs and present same for acceptance by the Board of Directors.
- Analysis of group financial statements. Review financial ratios for the holding company and subsidiaries and identification of areas for improvements; formulation of a plan to implement improvements and monitoring the implementation of the plan.
- Develop revised forecasts on a need-to basis.
- Coordinate the annual budget
- Develop and uphold internal control procedures for the processing and accounting for financial transactions and transactions with financial consequences.
- Active participation in the assessment of the financial viability of projects being evaluated by Business Development and M&A departments and managing the financial aspects of those projects.
- Build a professional Finance organization, both centrally and in local markets. Develop team members' capabilities in support of career goals as well as build capabilities needed to deliver on the team's goals, including development of a strong pipeline of the best talent.
- Lead the Investor Relations and Tax functions
- Formulate processes to achieve objectives, alongside other department executives where the impact of such processes goes beyond the boundaries of the Corporate Finance Department.
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance degree from an internationally recognized university
- CPA or ACA membership
- MBA a plus
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years' experience in fast growing, (publicly listed) company preferred (where systems/process building was required)
- Experience in taking a company to IPO
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintaining strong communication with all stakeholders
- Executive presence with strong relationship management skills
- Ability to generate respect from staff and external constituencies
- Appreciation of the cultural differences of working in the Middle East & Africa; African and emerging world country experience required
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Become proficient in programs necessary in running operations
- Fluency in French & Arabic is an advantage Learning Agile
- A relentless learner; learns quickly when facing problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of the unfamiliar; quickly grasps the underlying structure of anything
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the skills needed to do the job; understands types of propositions and understands how businesses operate; learns new methods and technologies easily
Making Complex & Speedy Decisions
- Can solve even the toughest of problems; gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new ; adds personal wisdom to come to the best solution; uses multiple problem-solving tools ; makes decisions in a timeously, often times with incomplete information and under deadlines
Evaluating and Deploying People Accurately
- Reads people accurately; diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job; hires the best
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything
- Is ambitious and is comfortable marketing himself/herself to management; knows how to relate with top management AED 150k per month + benefits
AED 150k per month + benefits