Chief Financial Officer
AED735835 - 883002 / annum
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half International has been retained by a leading Construction & Contracting company.
To lead and direct the Finance & IT department by developing financial plans; reviewing the company IT strategy, defining accounting practices; building relationships with institutions, shareholders and the financial community; directing treasury, budgeting, accounting, tax, risk insurance and management information service activities for the company so that all finance and accounting & IT requirements are effectively managed.
- Develop the financial strategy based on treasury, accounting, regulatory and other statutory requirements so that there is a defined strategy for the department based on the business strategy
- Participate in the formulation of the long-term organizational strategy by providing inputs on the financial strategy so that finance and regulatory requirements are incorporated into the organizational strategy.
- Develop financial and accounting policies, systems, processes and controls for the finance department; monitor deployment and adherence to ensure clearly defined guidelines for F & A policies and systems.
- Conducting due diligence for new projects and providing inputs strategy for decision making & progress.
- Contributes to the achievement of the objectives and provides advice on the business strategy.
- Manage the corporate performance measurement process.
- Monitor compliance with federal and local financial legislation pertaining to financial reporting, filings, shareholding, raising of funds, accounting, insurance, taxation etc. and monitor preparation of the financial reports to be filed with the government bodies/authorities to ensure the company complies with compliance requirements stipulated by the law.
- Propose, develop and maintain financial policies & procedures with International Financial Reporting Standards, legal requirements and global industry practice.
- Manage the capital structure by determining/forecasting Capex for the next 12 months, evaluate investment and funding alternatives; mobilize the financial resources required to run the company; manage excess funds; manage the companies risk exposure to ensure finances are effectively managed.
- Develop long-term relationships with financial institutions and banks; liaise with them to mobilize the funds required, coordinate preparation of the documentation required by to ensure that they receive the finances from institutions and banks.
- Review and approve periodic budgets in line with objectives and monitor actual performance in comparison to the budget to ensure progress.
- Review monthly performance reports, quarterly and annual financial statements and ensure compilation of Monthly / Quarterly financial statements as required by all statutory bodies and management as per corporate policies and procedures.
- Review project progress to ensure timely billing and receivables follow up with customers and timely compilation of monthly project MIS with adequate provisions for past and future costs.
- Develop a business risk identification, evaluation and management system for planning for business risks.
- Financial Risk Management and oversee the evaluation of project performance using various techniques and report over runs in cost, schedule and scope.
- Establish, document and administer financial and budget procedures required by statutory policies and other regulatory standards so that adequate controls and audit trails are exercised over financial transactions.
- Manage and monitor the company's current and fixed assets to ensure proper asset management and insurance coverage of the assets.
- Reviews / approves insurance needs to ensure alignment with the shareholders agreement, financing terms and good industry practice.
- Review major operational contracts / proposals, sub contracts, CAPEX decisions and submit recommendation from financial point of view in order to take decisions while negotiating proposals.
- Coordinate, verify and approve upgrading of financial and management information systems to ensure systems are appropriate and functional to use.
- Liaise with external Auditors regarding requests for information or documentation.
- Manage the IT function and GM - IT so that all business requirements pertaining to IT are managed.
- Approve capital IT investments for the company.
- Identify financial staff requirements and training / development with emphasis on the employment of Omanis.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of subordinates to ensure efficiency from the workforce.
- Evaluate subordinate's performance in a fair and transparent manner.
- Handle difficult employee situations using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect to ensure employee development regarding positional requirements.
- Communicate information to subordinates / superiors ensuring adequate circulation of information.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with Finance experience at top management level within Constructionor Engineering (15 years Minimum) and operated in a similar position previously.
Experience working in an international company with subsidiaries in different countries. You will posses a high degree of analytical and communication skills and judgment, plus the ability to think laterally and adapt to changing circumstances.
$200,000 - $240,000 per annum