Post Date : 26 January 2017
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for managing all Group financial affairs following best international practices. The CFO will ensure the integrity of the financial data and information, secure needed financing enabling growth of the company, and align different stakeholders in the company by providing timely and accurate financial information. The CFO needs to work closely with the CEO and board to devise, execute and monitor the financial strategy of the business profitably and sustainably (i.e., the financial architect of the business).
- The CFO will work closely with the CEO, Executives of Corporate Departments, Managing Directors of Operating Entities, and Heads of Finance in subsidiaries to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by the Company:
- Optimize holding company cash flow management and reports.
- Monitor and coordinate cash flow management in the various subsidiaries.
- Management and on-going review of bank facilities utilized by the holding companies and the subsidiaries and the terms thereof for adequacy as well as compatibility with the cash flow cycles of the group. On the basis of the review, negotiate new facilities with banks to meet the group needs and present same for acceptance by the Board of Directors.
- Active participation in the assessment of the financial viability of projects being evaluated by Business Development and M&A departments and managing the financial aspects of those projects, including without limitation:
- Securing, where appropriate, legal, financial and taxation due diligence reviews.
- Evaluation of the results of the due diligence reviews.
- Review of legal documentation for acquisitions.
- Participation in the compilation of the takeover plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the takeover plan.
- Secure cost effective funding for the project/acquisitions.
- Coordinate the annual budget preparation for the group and adherence thereof with the group strategic plan.
- Review financial ratios for the holding company and subsidiaries and identification of areas for improvements; formulation of a plan to implement improvements and monitoring the implementation of the plan.
- Maintenance of accounting records and preparation of financial statements (monthly and annually) of the holding company in accordance with local reporting laws as well as IFRS.
- Ensure accounting records and financial statements (monthly and annually) of subsidiaries comply with local reporting laws as well as IFRS.
- Coordinate the production of financial statements by subsidiaries (monthly and annually) in a standard format to facilitate consolidation, as well as prepare for external audits and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies, both on a timely and accurate basis.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS - starting quarterly then monthly
- Lead the Investor Relations and Tax functions
- Develop and uphold internal control procedures for the proper processing and accounting for financial transactions and transactions with financial consequences.
- Participate in the Executive Committee meetings and act on decisions taken therein agreed to by the participants. Ensure Finance function's systems and procedures are aligned to and support business strategy and management needs.
- Build a professional Finance organization, both centrally and in local markets. Develop team members' capabilities in support of individual career goals as well as build capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short and long term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent.
- Formulate and implement processes to achieve the above objectives, in co-ordination with other department executives where the impact of such processes goes beyond the boundaries of the Corporate Finance Department.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Corporate Finance Manager
- Treasury Manager
- Business Unit Finance Managers
- Budget Controllers
- Year One Critical Success Factors. Success for this role during the first year will be, in part, determined by:
- Clean audits on time
- Arranging financing and bank facilities at competitive rates to support the growth of the company
- Producing & controlling the budgets
- Cash flow management of the group improving by $XM
- Setting and managing margins and central costs targets in line with benchmark
- Reporting: arrange for timely reporting of SMART KPIs
- 10+ years' experience in fast growing, professional entrepreneurial (publicly listed) company preferred (where systems/process building was required)
- Experience in taking a company to IPO
- Executive presence with strong relationship management skills
- Positive mind-set, future oriented and keen to make a difference
- Fluency in French & Arabic is an advantage
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance degree from an internationally recognized university
- CPA or ACA membership
- MBA a plus
Salary and Benefits
AED 90,000 - 120,000 per month plus benefits.
Gate Village 1, Level 1