Business Intelligence Analyst
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 09 November 2016
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst provides companywide strategic, analytical, and technical support for business intelligence activities. The BI Analyst is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft SQL BI and Tableau reporting solutions.
- Work with stakeholders and functional areas to analyse business requirements and provide solutions to meet business needs
- Analyse/develop/modify/maintain/enhance BI applications, databases, cubes, tables, views, and ETLs to match business processes and requirements
- Architect and manage the design and structure of data sources
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices and version control
- Work closely with the BI Developer to plan development activities and respect timing estimations for completion
- Partner with business teams to define and document requirements for new data sources, metrics and reports
- Assist business functional leads with designing, developing, and maintaining reports using analytical tools
- Plan and implement the short, medium, and long term BI roadmap for business users
- Assist business functional leads with implementing and maintaining master data management
- Evaluate alternative solutions; Design processes and systems which include user impact considerations, cost/benefit analysis, and processing specifications
- Use current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of data sources and ETLs to improve BI solutions
- Understand the impact of problems reported by users and prioritise support activities appropriately
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- Keep informed of technological advances and industry best practices in order to assess their possible adaptation for use in increasing the company's technological superiority
- The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI analysis, development, and support (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support).
- The BI Analyst will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft SQL 2012 or higher BI Stack (SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS) and experience with BI reporting tools, preferably Tableau.
- The BI Analyst will be a key resource to ensure stability, scalability, and delivery of valuable BI solutions to business stakeholders. Keys to this position are the ability to excel in identification of problems from a business perspective and implement pragmatic BI solutions.
- The BI Analyst must be able to communicate equally with business owners and IT colleagues, and must be self-driven to execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives with little supervision.
- An excellent blend of analytical, technical and communication skills in a team-based environment are essential for this role.
- Analysis and Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarise findings and support recommendations
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing (unit and UAT)
- Present a professional, competent, and confident image in dealing with users as well as the development team and other teams within IT
- Business knowledge and BI analysis experience in one or more of the following domains: Finance, Sales, Supply Chain, Logistics, Retail
- The BI Analyst should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement and support Microsoft BI solutions. The Analyst must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack. Experience with reporting tools is required, preferably Tableau. Exposure to other technologies is a plus.
- Delivery of business intelligence solutions and ongoing development and maintenance of data warehouses
- Provide input into the logical design and development of data models
- Identify ways of improving information delivery, data capture and design and business process through the provision of technical solutions
- Strong SQL Skills including experience writing views, stored procedures and SQL Server Agent jobs
- Relational database and SQL language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Data Warehouse/Solution Design
- Dimensional Modeling
- Analytics/OLAP cube development and maintenance (Microsoft SSAS and MDX)
- Report development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Experience with Tableau version 8 or higher
- Experience with master data management architecture, tools and principles
- Knowledge of other BI tools and database technologies
- Knowledge of cloud computing technology and platforms.
- AED15K per month
Gate Village 1, Level 1