Business Development Director
Post Date : 17 July 2017
Business Development Director
Responsible for the entire Business Development function and accountable for shaping, pursuit and delivery of short-term and long-term profitable business opportunities in the sector.
- Responsible for the management of employees in the team
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team.
- In consultation with HR, implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies for the division
- Manage the performance of all team leaders/managers of departments within the division through the formal performance management system.
- Promotion of employment equity and transformation.
- Self-development and continuing personal development.
- Work collaboratively with the management team around the strategic development of the Firm's products, services and promotional activities to ensure that we're abreast of, or indeed ahead of, best practice in the industry.
- Develop robust strategies for the business aligned with the corporate objectives in order to deliver sustainable growth and enhance reputation with in the sector.
- Present a yearly budget for board approval and prudently manage resources within those budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for business expansion and development in target sectors and new business opportunities.
- Manage the development and delivery of a comprehensive leads and revenue generation strategy which fits with the Firm's ongoing needs and growth plans.
- Ensure a pipe line of prospective investors and a continuing flow of leads/prospects for all target product lines.
- Strategic analysis of competition, market, micro and macro-business environment and report the key findings to the management.
- Manage the day to day operations of the international offices of the Firm and develop strategic and operational plans to achieve the corporate objectives in sales and business development by the international offices.
- Manage the Strategic Business Development team to generate a strong pipeline of strategic industrial units and convert them into the Firm's long term anchor tenants.
- Work closely with the Strategy Department to form the division for Strategic Deal-Making and drive its functions.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to develop custom-made collaterals and campaigns for target prospects.
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results.
- Develop and lead the Business Development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities.
- Service delivery management - oversees promotion, delivery and quality of business development services.
- Management, monitoring, reporting and communication in regard to financial and physical resources (including manpower), administration and budgeting of the entire business development division.
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets
Gate Village 1, Level 1