Budget Manager (preferably French speaker)
AED300000 - 420000 / annum
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half are working with an International Construction Service Company based in Dubai. Due to a rapid growth for the business they're now looking for a Budget Manager to join the Finance team. The position is reporting in to the CFO.
The successful candidate for the role MUST have had a lot of contract experience (from a financial perspective, working together with the Project Managers) and developed budgets for projects in the past.
Fluency in French preferred.
Basic Purpose of the Role
To take ownership of the company's budgeting function and ensure budgets are prepared and monitored effectively and in a timely fashion. Ensure that output from the budgeting function is analysed to provide project managers and senior management with useful and relevant performance feedback.
- Supervise the creation of project budgets upon successful award of project and coordinate the creation of new budget versions if required.
- Compare bid estimates and the operational project budget to actual costs incurred so as to flag areas of co st overrun (or underrun) and prove useful and relevant feedback to project anagers and senior management to assist with decision making
- Develop a master budget for the company and functional budgets for each of the company's cost centres
- Mentor both direct reports and project managers so as they understand the primary objectives of the budgeting function and what generated information will be utilized for
- Develop and implement the transition plan to move the company's budgeting process from excel-based reporting to being directly inputted and monitored on the current enterprise resource system
- CPA/CA/ACA or equivalent - Finance Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years in management position whereby a priary task was managing a company or business unit's budgeting function
- English language fluency (written and oral) and at least a working knowledge of French preferred
- Experience using the fin ance omdul of a ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics SL preferred).
- 25-35k all in depending on years' of experience.