Associate Director - Internal Audit
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 06 July 2017
To plan and conduct operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls & determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Setting the audit strategy and developing an audit plan using an appropriate risk based methodology.
- Maintain and update internal audit policies and procedures.
- Develop audit programs suitable for ongoing audits of business units or processes.
- Manage co-sourced internal audit activities as part of the internal audit strategy.
- Performing financial, operational, system and process audits of the company's business units and outsourced operations.
- Responsible for planning, executing and completing audit fieldwork according to the audit plan, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies.
- Issuing internal audit reports to management at the conclusion of each audit after full discussion with the management of the area audited.
- Following up outstanding management actions and reporting on progress to senior management.
- Evaluating and assessing significant new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes in line with their development, implementation, and expansion.
- Conducting periodic staff training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and any changes in processes.
- Undertake ad-hoc special assignments or investigations.
- Establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Present to prospective/current investors on the nature and scope of the Internal Audit function and its responsibilities.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional qualification in accounting/audit (CIA, CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent). Must have Big 4 experience
- 8-12 years of experience in a similar or audit related role.
- Top Tier Investment Banking, Investment Management, and Private Equity etc. experience.
- Big 4 training/background.
- Knowledge and experience of the financial services sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Effective time-management
- Team player
- Proactive approach and able to work autonomously
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
Salary and Benefits
AED45000 - AED 50000 plus Benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1