Arabic Speaking General Manager
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 02 January 2017
Robert Half are currently working with a leading road construction business that based in the UAE who are looking for a General Manager.
To be considered for this role you will need to have previously worked within a multinational road construction or asphalt/tarmac laying business within the UAE, and speak & read/write fluent Arabic
- Acting as the general manager of a limited liability company, you will lead and drive the commercial and operational aspects of the business. The general manager maintains a primary focus on maximising in-year performance in terms of profit, cash and safety targets whilst retaining a Group perspective and developing the business and team for longer-term sustained success.
- Sales, costs, profitability of business, cash flow and net profit targets.
- Quality of service, customer satisfaction, market share and order book quality.
- Productivity, e.g. cost per ton and tons / employee; quality and standards; plant availability. Cost per ton to be in lowest quartile, with the aim of being lowest in the market.
- Employee satisfaction and retention, limited absenteeism.
- Fatalities; Safety Index; Employee health and environmental effects.
- Responsibility for overseeing all Health and safety.
- Oversee cash collection and financial performance of the Company.
- Responsibility for Human resources development and retention.
- Deal with all quality and customer satisfaction.
- Focus on business development: generating opportunities (new regions, new products, new clients/sectors, acquisitions etc. preparing business plans and implementing them.
- Day to day commercial decision making and prioritisation.
- Co-ordinating and prioritising commercial activity across product lines and projects.
- Contributing to key account management and other commercial issues.
- Leading the Commercial team to ensure appropriate coverage of key customers and key projects.
- Ensuring that the Company is fully compliant with Middle East SHE policy.
- Provide management reports, commercial and strategic advice to the board so that they will have an accurate reading of the market, financial expectations of the business and the company's future..
- Constant liaison with the Regional Managing Director, ensuring that he is kept fully informed of all material matters at all times.
- Deliver the business development / acquisitions projects in the country and scope managed in line with their respective business plans.
- Building a strong relationship with major customers, projects developers and engineers.
- Building a strong relationship with key local figures including community leaders and Government officials.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with JV partners in the country
- Previous Multinational company experience
- The ability to speak fluent Arabic
- Master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent calibre.
Salary & Benefits
- From AED 45,000
Gate Village 1, Level 1