AVP Finance - Bahrain
Post Date : 20 June 2017
AVP Finance - Bahrain
A highly prestigious FS business in Bahrain is looking for their next Finance individual due to continued growth and a number of acquisitions.
Member of Financial controls, a team responsible for financial controls functions for the Group and its subsidiaries.
The duties and responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and managing the accounts of the Group and its subsidiaries, focusing on accounting for the Group's business activities in corporate investments, real estate investments, alternative investment solutions, alternative credit, treasury products, derivatives and balance sheet hedging. This will include processing transactions in the general ledger system based on funds flow documents, emails, journal requests from other units.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules of the Group and its subsidiaries
- Leveraging strong technical accounting knowledge under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), to proactively analyze, account and report to senior management various balance sheet hedging decisions taken and implemented by Treasury and Risk Management and accounting implications of any new product or services offered by the Group.
- Work with the financial controls team for producing periodic information / returns as required by any other regulatory body overlooking any of our subsidiaries or any lenders to the Group. This will also include assistance with review of compliance with covenant agreements, various jurisdictional tax regulations and central bank guidelines.
- Implementing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, processes and systems in accordance with IFRS.
- Assist and provide accounting support to units responsible for data entry in other finance systems, like AFL and QTM.
- Ensuring that the group accounting records are up to date and accurate for the purpose of producing periodic and annual financial statements
- Maintain controls and procedures to effect consolidation accounting and reporting, inter-company accounting and reconciliation
- Prepare regular and one off presentations for senior management reporting to internal and external stakeholders of the firm on actual financial performance of the Bank. Presentations will include, but not limited to presentations for senior management meetings with lenders, board of directors, new joiners, FRMC etc.
- Analysis of various accounting alternatives, ad-hoc analysis and reporting as and when required for senior management reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors and senior management of the Finance Group
- Develop new analytical and control report and enhance existing control and reporting schedules on a proactive basis to maximize the quality of input to senior management
- Co-ordinate presentations and due diligence responses for Rating Agents and Financial Relationships
- Maintain ownership structure of the Group and ensure compliance with regulatory limits and internal reporting requirements and coordinating and reporting to relationship managers with respect to the strategic partners and directors of the Bank.
- Work with compensation administration on implementing controls and procedures to ensure accurate accounting and reporting of all incentive programs.
- Preparing reports for ALCO on Balance sheet metrics and participate in discussions assessing and reviewing various accounting implications of hedging products used for managing balance sheet financial risks.
- Qualified chartered accountant. Part CFA qualification will be a added value.
- At least 4 years of work experience, preferably with a Big 4 audit firm (with work experience on FIs) or financial institution
- Very good knowledge and understanding of IFRS. Should be able to interpret accounting standards and provide input on implications for the business
- Very good knowledge and understanding of derivatives and financial instruments. Should have good understanding of how derivatives and financial instruments valuation models work and how accounting around these instruments work.
Gate Village 1, Level 1