Vice President of Governance
6th September 2018
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working exclusively with a truly global powerhouse based in the UAE. Due to exceptional growth they are looking to recruit a Vice President of Governance.
Your role will be to manage the development, implementation and effective operation of a group-wide financial governance framework, supported by policies and standard operating procedures covering all aspects of finance in order to improve group-wide financial governance practices and ensure transparency and consistency.
- Manage the development of efficient and effective a group-wide governance framework in order to drive consistency and transparency in group-wide financial practices
- Support completion of financial risk and control assessments
- Design and implement appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate risks
- Ability to document processes from start to finish through the collaboration with subject matter experts
- Ability to design and execute the testing of internal controls and facilitate the related remediation for any control deficiencies identified
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Group Finance teams in order to advise on the implementation and deployment of the group-wide finance governance manual, resolve issues and provide implementation guidance as required
- Collaborate on and contribute towards the development and delivery of group-wide finance initiatives and projects in order to continuously improve group-wide capabilities and enhance the effectiveness of finance practices
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of functional systems, policies and practices taking into account 'international leading practice' in order to improve business processes, productivity and operational efficiency
- Provide critical input to support the development of functional systems, policies, processes and procedures in order to meet business requirements
- Ensure team members comply with all functional policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Design and implement governance and operating model to strength control and improve delivery
- Support development of KPI/SLA to measure services effectiveness
- Prepare functional reports in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet the company's requirements, policies and standards
- Accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CMA, CFA
- At least 10 years of experience working in progressively more complex and senior level roles across finance, with deep experience in developing and implementing governance frameworks across multiple sectors
- Preference of working with large scale organisation's/conglomerates or experience of working in various sectors.
- Strong knowledge of financial governance practices and international standards and requirements
- Strong knowledge of methodologies that support the development and continuous improvement of financial governance framework and operating practices
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to advise and influence key stakeholder's
Salary and Benefits
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700