Vice President of Accounting & Controls
28th October 2018
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working with a truly global powerhouse oil & gas company based in the UAE. Due to exceptional growth they are looking to recruit a Vice President of Accounting & Controls.
Your role will be to manage the development, implementation and effective operation of a group-wide financial governance framework, supported by policies and standard operating procedures covering all aspects of finance in order to improve group-wide financial governance practices and ensure transparency and consistency.
- Oversees all aspects of the accounting and control functions and ensures that all regulatory financial requirements are complied with, efficiently and effectively.
- Manages consolidation and integration frameworks and prepares communications.
- Supervises the submission of monthly/quarterly financial reporting packs from all the business units including certifications of accuracy and absence of fraud.
- Oversees the information flow and directs the disclosure of contingent liabilities and capital commitments and other notes to the financial statements.
- Meets all information requirements for reporting to ADX and support COO/CFO with analysis of results.
- Provides IFRS technical support across the Group.
- Demonstrates application of IFRS standards and analyses their implications as and when new standards are issued.
- Manages, directs and coordinates impairment reviews of Plant, Property & Equipment at each reporting period and goodwill annually.
- Coordinates with legal, treasury and auditors on pro forma financial statements and other financial information for inclusion in the prospectuses for bond/MTN issues.
- Assists the Portfolio team on accounting matters relating to M&A activity as and when required.
- Supports integration of new subsidiaries and reviews accounting & systems processes in each new subsidiary.
- Lays down group accounting policies and ensures compliance by all group companies.
- Lays down accounting procedures applicable to corporate accounting.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with external auditors and other accounting service providers.
- Provides effective leadership for the corporate accounting team and controllers in all the subsidiaries.
- Develops a strong team with relevant accounting skills in a climate where the employees will give their best.
- Monitors transactional accounting of the corporate office (e.g. payroll, expense reimbursement, accounts payable).
- Responsible for and leads annual and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting
- Responsible for determining and implementing IFRS compliant accounting policies.
- Participates with IT and provide leadership on projects affecting accounting and financial reporting.
- Provide leadership for accurate, efficient and cost effective transaction processing for HQ.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an effective groupwide financial control environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the relationship with external auditors
- Together with VP Planning and MI, responsible for providing financial analysis requested by government entities.
- Responsible for Group Insurance, ensuring that appropriate policies are in place and insurance risk are managed appropriately
- Oversees HQ accounts payable function and payment of HQ payroll
- Accounting qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CPA
- At least 15 years of experience working in progressively more complex and senior level roles across finance
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Experience in working in an international company with subsidiaries in different countries/geographies.
Salary and Benefits
80,000aed - 100,000aed per month plus Benefits
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700