Senior Project Accountant
12th February 2019
Finance & Accounting
A large but still rapidly growing multi-national technology business based in Abu Dhabi
- As a Senior Project Accountant, you are responsible for the accounting, billing, collection, and reporting for all the Company's projects.
- You work well on a team, are highly motivated, dedicated, innovative, and enjoy taking on new challenges in a fast-paced changing environment.
- You are excited in handling the review of all contracts with customers and account for the financial implications in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards 15.
- You will drive improvements on business processes towards efficiency.
- Key Responsibilities
- Review the contracts with customers and recognize revenue in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards 15.
- Prepare Project Status & Profitability Reports and Liaise with Project Managers
- Prepare billings to customers and follow-up on collections
- Prepare Statement of Account for each customer
- Prepare financial reports (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow, Equity Statement and related Schedules)
- Maintain projects' cost accruals and budgets
- Maintain projects' database in the accounting system.
- Fluent Arabic speaker
- Chartered Accountancy, CIMA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent degree.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards 15
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy
- Thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and its financial impact
- Experience in accounting for long-term projects (preferably from construction industry)
- Excellent in Excel
- Good understanding of the requirements of IFRS 15
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Experience in working in ERP environments
Salary & Benefits
- 45,000 AED Per Month
- Private Medical Insurance
- 30 Days Holiday
- Annual Flights (for yourself and immediate family)
- Schooling (up to 35,000 AED per child)
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700