Senior Manager - Risk & Audit, Abu Dhabi
28th January 2019
We are seeking an individual with Risk and Audit experience, to join a financial services and investment business based in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate is likely to come from a financial services background, preferably having worked on the buyside covering audit and risk for both liquid and illiquid investments. The successful candidate would likely already be based in Abu Dhabi, or able to relocate without issue. UAE experience is essential.
- Support the Head of Risk and Audit in group compliance, risk, and corporate governance
- Manage operational risk and control frameworks across both the group, and portfolio companies, ensuring that polices and procedures are adhered to
- Plan both risk based audit and financial audit schedules, evaluate the effectiveness of controls across the business, and provide reports and analysis on the effectiveness and quality of existing risk management processes across the business.
- Assess risks across group investments and portfolio companies, for both liquid investments /market risk and private equity / alternative investments.
- Assess, review, and maintain operational controls and policies in order to ensure sound operating procedures are in place.
- Take full responsibility for risk, governance, and controls for the investment portfolio, group operations, and for management of portfolio companies
- Undertake risk assessments, review of internal controls, and ensure that the group is compliant with regulatory guidelines, internal policies, and industry best practices.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CA) or CFA
- 8-10 years risk and audit experience, preferably with an investment firm, private equity, or leading conglomerate
- In depth experience in assurance, risk, and corporate governance
- Must have operated in risk and audit at group level
- Sound working knowledge of traded/liquid investments, preferably with some experience in market risk
- Prior experience in assurance or risk advisory with a big 4 audit firm is preferable
- UAE experience is essential, preferably already based in Abu Dhabi
- Able to work with and influence senior stakeholders across multiple departments
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700