Senior Legal Counsel - Enablement & Integration - Abu Dhabi
AED600000 - 600000 / annum
4th November 2018
The role assists the Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration manage legal risk in all the geographies where operates in relation to Enablement & Integration activities in accordance with Group legal policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously but should seek the Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration's input on unusual situations, complex matters, and issues which may pose significant legal, financial and/or reputational risk to the group.
- Provides legal advice and support to the business while keeping in mind the company's strategic and business objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to facilitate the compliance with all applicable international and domestic laws, rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with the Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration to establish, disseminate and implement the legal policies, including policies regarding management of vendors' risk and trademarks.
- Completes legal tasks and projects in a timely manner and responds to legal queries assigned to him/her by the Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration.
- Supports subsidiaries and international branches by providing general legal oversight on legal risks associated with Enablement & Integration products and services.
- Supervises and is responsible for the adequate management of litigation or disputes between the business and its customers in the UAE and abroad.
- Represents the company before the Notary Public, court experts, courts, and the police to resolve matters in the best interest of the company.
- Reports relevant litigation matters to the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration and provides updates to the relevant stakeholders.
Legal Documentation and Review
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal documents in order to maximise the legal protections whilst simultaneously minimising risks.
- Produces and regularly updates standardised legal agreements, contracts and standard terms and conditions for in compliance with international best practices and applicable legal requirements.
- Assists the business in launching new products and conducts legal and regulatory due diligence on such products, including identifying risks and mitigants in all applicable geographies.
Knowledge of External Environment
- Stays abreast of new laws and regulations through continuous legal education, attending professional conferences, and participating in professional associations.
- Provides updates to senior business persons on new legislation and regulatory developments that may have an impact on the company and advises on how to comply with such new legislation and regulations.
- Works closely and develops a positive professional relationship with the other members of the legal function and shares legal knowledge and best practices with legal colleagues, including providing formal and informal training sessions at the direction of the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal - Enablement & Integration.
- Liaises with the concerned external authorities such as courts and law firms to ensure effective resolution of all legal matters affecting the company.
Learning and Development
- Functions as a subject matter expert and provides input on learning and development initiatives including training content to ensure value addition and relevance.
MIS and Reports
- Ensures that all reports related to own area are prepared in a timely and accurately manner, and meet the requirements, policies, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in law
- Master's degree in law is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700