Senior Financial and Economic Analyst
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half are working with a large Oil & Gas client based in Abu Dhabi, and they are currently looking for a Senior Financial and Economic Analyst to join their team.
The successful candidate MUST have Oil & Gas experience and maximum 5-10 years' of experience.
Please note that the role is not a regular Financial Planning & Reporting role, it's heavily emphasized on economic modelling as well as planning and reporting (Accounting designation combined with CFA would be very desirable, but not required).
Basic Purpose of the Role
- Own and manage The Client's Planning , Budgeting, and Forecasting activities
- Own and manage The Client's valuations, and economic modelling activities
- Own and manage internal Management Information and financial performance reporting activities
Planning and Reporting
- Work directly with operations and functional departments to build monthly Capex, Opex, and G&A forecasts
- Prepare monthly reporting package for delivery to JV Partners, including among other items; actual performance, forecasts, AFE status', and variance analysis
- Manage the monthly F&O process, including the completion and distribution of materials, organize and chair monthly meetings to audience comprising of management and operations
- Prepare monthly reporting package for the Leadership Team providing clear variance analysis, commentary, and development of Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the annual Work Program & Budget process, including the planning, collection, review, compilation, and overall execution of key deliverables and deadlines
- Work closely with Operations Accountant and support as needed on month end process and AFE preparation
- Directly support Finance in ad hoc financial analysis, identification and execution of process improvements, technical accounting, and excel support
- Assist in the interpretation of the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) and Joint Operating Agreement (JOA), including preparation of position papers on key terms
- Support Finance Manager with partner communication and material dissemination
Planning and Reporting
- Responsible for the monthly reforecasting processes (P&L and FCF), including completion of all required deliverables, documentation, and uploads to Hyperion (Capex, MPR, Cost Tracker, Risks & Opportunities)
- Manage the annual Long Term Plan process. Interact closely with HQ planning, execute key deliverables (10 year plan, Quick Look, Capital ranking), ensure quick turnaround of revisions and iterations as required
- Support senior management with ad hoc material, analysis, and key deliverables to the Executive, Board, and GSEC; including strategic initiatives
- Prepare material for Quarterly Business Reviews. Support management in identifying transformation initiatives to meet business targets (Capex, Cash Costs)
- Prepare finance material for monthly business performance reviews
- Own and manage a dynamic and flexible Economic Model, compliant with PSC and JOA terms.
- Manage JV Fiscal Model used for primary communication tool between JV partners and Government for tracking JV revenue splits and cost recovery balance
- Provide Commercial and Economic evaluations for key negotiations, agreements, and PSC/JOA terms
- Prepare Commercial and Economic analysis and support for new projects and initiatives, including the preparation of Investment Memorandums (IMs).
- Prepare Commercial and Economic analysis and support for the annual Reserve audit, including required updates to the Economic Model
- Working closely with Finance Manager and HQ Finance, manage the annual Impairment Analysis process, including required updates to the Economic Model.
- As needed, prepare supporting analysis and position papers on key economic inputs and assumptions
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce (Economics major would be an asset)
- Completion of recognized accounting or financial designation (CA, CMA, CPA, CFA)
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and strong financial acumen
- Experience using modeling tools and data management applications
- Internal and external management reporting, and development of key performance indicators
Experience / Knowledge Required
- Oil & Gas experience
- Between 5-10 years in forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Previous experience building and updating economic models
- Sound understanding of technical accounting, finance, valuations, and economic modelling
40-50k all in depending on years' of experience. Benefits includes schooling, medical and life insurance for self and family.