Head of Project Accounting
18th June 2019
Finance & Accounting
Your role will be to manage all accounting and financial activities relating to projects. Reporting to the Controller, you will supervise and manage all accounting and financial activities relating to the development, implementation, reporting and close out of the key projects. The successful candidate will provide high level support to the Controller and Chief Financial Officer, along with other division managers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises headquarter project accountants and oversees all project accounting activities.
- Provides guidance to headquarter and field project accountants and resolves project accounting queries when required.
- Participates in budget development of proposed projects with programmatic staff to ensure consistent and optimal project budget development.
- Responsible for ensuring development and maintenance of monthly cash flow forecasting for all projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely preparation of annual budget forecasts for all projects and subsequent roll up into corporate budget figures.
- Ensures all monthly project invoices are prepared and provided to the Accounts Receivable department on a timely basis.
- Ensures all financial project reports for all grants and contracts, including all quarterly Standard Form reports, are prepared on a timely basis
- Develops enhanced project management financial reports to assist project management, including burn rates, provision of regularly updated cash flow forecasts for projects, and development of methods to report financial program metrics.
- Ensures all financial activities and requirements relating to project close-outs are carried out in a timely manner.
- Prepare cash flow reports in coordination with the cost consultants, and heads of departments for preparing updated forecasts
- Cash management of the project, and accurate cash flow forecasting
- Prepare budgets, for both operations and development activities, and prepare budget reports
- Assist in implementing the accounting system for the project, in coordination of the group accounting system implementation
- Prepare policies and procedures for the project in coordination with the group policies and procedures
- Experience in leading a finance team in a development project
- Experience with a development project for at least 3 years
- Proficiency in using Excel, and preparing spreadsheet reports
60,000-65,000aed per month plus excellent benefits
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700