Head of Tax
Post Date : 16 October 2016
- Provides leadership in enhancing the tax compliance capability of the company in the US, Luxembourg and other applicable jurisdictions. Responsible for planning, preparing and/or analysing local, state and federal tax returns and regulatory filings in accordance with deadlines, coordinating through external advisers where required. Ensures that all tax accounts are maintained, substantiated and reconciled. Overall responsibility for maintaining the company's tax support documentation.
- Monitors and reconciles withholding tax rates applied across all income types and jurisdictions. Controls all tax recoverable ensuring proper documentation and receipt of funds. Undertakes specific investigative studies and analyses to ensure the company continues to adhere to relevant tax compliance requirements. Designs and oversees various periodic and ad‐hoc analytical work and prepares reports on tax issues as assigned by the SFO. Researches and develops tax saving strategies. Reconciles tax data on financial statements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely and accurate filing of all company's and Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) tax and regulatory filings.
- Reviews and comments on tax adviser recommendations.
- Monitors international tax developments for additional analysis and action as appropriate.
- Monitors withholding tax rates applied across all markets and income types.
- Reviews existing tax structures, provides advice on improvements and implements the same where appropriate.
- Reviews distributions and restructuring transactions to ensure that they comply with tax advice.
- Plans and manages the day‐to‐day activities of assigned staff (1 Investment Accountant). Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by executive management for the position.
- Carries out other similar or related duties as assigned.
- LL.B (with Honours) or equivalent degree in Law from a recognized University.
- CPA or CA or legal qualification a significant advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of post‐qualification experience in US tax compliance.
- Detailed knowledge of US federal and State tax filings and other regulatory filings
- Experience with financial accounting and reporting standards such as U.S. GAAP or IFRS
- Exposure to international tax
- Investment industry experience is preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, as well as basic knowledge in statistics.
- Highly detail‐orientation, precise and meticulous.
- Experience with tax analysis and tax reference software.
- Excellent Excel skills and expert uses of Word and other office packages.
- Highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent analytical and intellectual capabilities.
- Strong spoken and written communicator.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with senior management and staff from different cultural backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1