Head of Financial Crime Compliance
AED70000 - 70000 / annum
- The Financial Crime and Compliance unit ensures that all business activities in the region have appropriate arrangements in place to meet the requirements of the Group's FCC policies and applicable local laws and regulations, and that these arrangements are operating effectively and are in compliant with the Group and Regional standards.
- The Head of Financial Crime will provide leadership and direction to the team, supporting their development and overseeing output, fostering an outcomes-focussed, customer responsive and risk aware compliance culture
- Establish measures to identify suspicious activity and report to the relevant authorities locally
- Conduct quality testing for financial crime surveillance and intelligence outputs from company systems (e.g. Detica)
- Provide second line assurance to business and functional management that these capabilities are managed to industry standards
- Provide assurance to local management that AML / CFT / Sanctions risks are managed within the country
- Provide financial crime surveillance and intelligence capabilities to monitor CB and WB customers and staff for unusual activity and to escalate issues that require review or investigation
- Monitor developments in external/internal financial crime risks including trends. Develop responses and advise the business on financial crime risks and trends. Identify trends of significant fraud and money laundering through regional metrics
- Conduct financial crime risk assessments to identify group level risks
- Provide investigation capabilities. Manage and Control the FCC investigations team in conducting significant investigations. Conduct investigations in line with the Group standards for investigations in the country / region including case management, data capture and reporting
- Ensure that any additional local requirements for FCC beyond Group standards are identified and that those additional local requirements are implemented
- Manage Anti-Bribery activities in country; Assist in forming an Anti-Bribery network of business and functional representatives in country
- Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the country
- Ensure there is capacity in line with the Group's objective for the management of financial crime risks by developing and/or continuously reviewing the Bank's procedures and systems to ensure they remain up-to-date and meet current local statutory and regulatory requirements
- Candidates must have 10 years' plus experience in a Financial Crime capacity with a multinational bank
- Experience in an European or Developed jurisdiction is preferred.
- Advise business on compliance & regulatory matters relating to Sanctions/AML/ABC as well as financial services industry-related practices.
- Evaluate products, services, geographies and customer segments of the bank that might be vulnerable to Sanction/AML/ABC and regulatory risks.
- Implement and follow up on strong recommendations to address high risk situations (such as dropping a long-standing client/product line/country).
- Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations.
- Partner with legal counsels for matters regarding individual and country liability
- Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security
- Partner with regulators locally or globally
- Influence and help develop global standards
Salary & Benefits
- AED 70,000 per month