Equity Trader - Abu Dhabi
18th June 2019
This role would suit a candidate with international and/or emerging markets experience, with a track record in portfolio management, defining trading and investment strategies, and a track record of positive pnl generation.
- Trade securities in local, regional and international markets in line with the group's investment strategies
- Actively monitor portfolios to ensure they are managed in-line with their objectives, risk considerations and recommendations as laid out in the CIO's Investment Strategy
- Monitor the investment performance of these portfolios against benchmarks, and communicate/manage risks accordingly or as directed
- Keep up to date with and interpret financial/market reports, make recommendations to CIO with regards to sector allocation and stock recommendations based on fundamental research in a regular and timely fashion.
- Liase with and maintain local and international broker network, custodians and administrators
- Analyze financial information to support forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions to assist in investment decisions, including technical analysis and market sentiments.
- Monitor and provide CIO with daily trading information
- Maintain research database and track investment recommendations made.
- Work closely with operations team as well as other members in the investment team; Collating relevant information and data as well as assisting in all account opening or maintenance paperwork
- In addition to marketable securities buy and sell financial assets for the company as directed; these may include OTC instruments, private company shares, and other assets such as futures, listed options, commodities & structured notes.
- Execute trades, in an efficient and timely manner in order to maximize financial performance of the relevant portfolio.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by CIO
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Economics from reputable institution
- CFA Charter-holder Preferred
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in investment trading of either equities, fixed income, hedge funds or private equity
- Knowledge of GCC financial markets
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Ability to prepare clear and concise investment reports and recommendations
- Ability to speak in fluently in English; communication in Arabic preferred
- Interpersonal skills and communication a must
- Able to be based in Abu Dhabi
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700