11th December 2018
An astute, multinational government financial services client based in Abu Dhabi.
The Corporate Secretary handles the administrative duties for the overall organization by attending, minuting and following up on several committees, liaising internally and externally with various high calibre government entities and officials, and ensuring all requirements regarding due process are adhered to.
Ensure the effective running of all board, board committee and other committee meetings:
- Schedule meetings
- Prepare the agenda, collect and distribute the material
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Track progress of minute action items (follow ups / reminders) and communicate with staff in respect thereto
- Co-ordinate any other board or committee related activities.
- Manage the document and filing system for all board related topics.
- Manage the annual report compilation (solicit input for the individual sections and topics and prepare the report).
- Responsible for administering the compliance related policies in Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. This includes training staff in the policy and their responsibilities; monitoring and reporting on staff and Company compliance with the policy; managing compliance correspondence and queries.
The Corporate Secretary will report to the General Counsel and will be accountable as secretary of the Board, the Investment Committee, Executive Committee, Management Committee, Audit Committee and any other Committees assigned to the Corporate Secretary. This will cover all aspects related to these committees:
- Contact members, arrange and prepare for meetings
- Prepare the meeting agendas
- Collect, prepare and disseminate all relevant material
- Attend board and committee meetings and take minutes. Provide minutes in both, Arabic and English and ensure timely sign-offs by attendees
- Distribute relevant parts of minutes to parties affected/involved.
- Minutes will be developed in both languages, Arabic and English.
Skills And Background
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Administration or other relevant field and at least 5 years' of hands-on Corporate Secretarial experience and over all 7 years in Communication department in a bilingual environment, ideally within financial services.
Background and experience
- Previous working experience in the UAE, ideally in a government institution or financial services company
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in creating, revising and reviewing complex documents and senior level presentations
- Experience in handling documents with legal content or relevance (general understanding, translation, follow-up, writing text/minutes at a proficiency level that they are acceptable from a compliance and governance perspective)
- Fluent in both English and Arabic with experience and outstanding proficiency in spelling, grammar and translation between the two languages.
- Absolute integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Pro-active thinker, not just an executor
- Good judgment ability, adaptable and versatile
- Analytical and organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver to deadlines combined with a good stress tolerance
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Arabic.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700