Business Intelligence Lead
AED25000 / annum
Our client is a leading diversified holding and investment group, headquartered in UAE. It manages a large portfolio across several major industries and has a strong track record of profitable growth. Core focus areas are support services, travel and tourism, technology, and retail. They are now targeting further international expansion, and is looking to make investments in its portfolio management team. We are recruiting for a Business Intelligence Lead to drive an enhanced understanding of performance in portfolio businesses.
- The role will form a key part of the Chairman's office team, tasked with driving growth through portfolio businesses. You will provide senior stakeholders with the tools and information to make key strategic decisions.
- This is a transformative role at a pivotal time for the company. It will involve bringing new insights to the fore, based on data produced by portfolio business units. You will play a key part in defining the Business Intelligence strategy, and in driving the change through the organisation.
- The Business Intelligence Lead will be responsible for designing, delivering and managing the business intelligence solution, from sourcing the underlying data, developing software strategies to capture this, and designing visually appealing and information-rich reports using Microsoft Power BI.
- The role reports directly to the Head of Portfolio Performance.
- Accountable for the delivery of the business intelligence solution to senior management
- Translate business needs, as defined by senior stakeholders, into a set of business intelligence requirements
- Develop business intelligence system to meet these requirements, including standards for best-practice reporting, educating other employees on these
- Design visually appealing business intelligence dashboards using Microsoft Power BI
- Identify areas for improvement on business processes around reporting, including automation of current manual processes, or integration with existing and new IT systems. Where appropriate, act as project lead on implementation of these changes to business process
- Consult with corporate IT function on most appropriate systems architecture for seamless delivery of quality business intelligence
- Contribute to defining the structure of underlying databases such that they are appropriate for interrogation by BI tools.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Advanced Excel/ VBA
- Understanding of database structures, particularly SQL
- Familiarity with enterprise IT systems, knowledge of possibilities and limitations
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) design principles and their relevance in performance tracking
- Knowledge of business and finance terminology and concepts
- SAP databases
- Experience integrating Microsoft Power BI with enterprise software solutions
- At least five years' experience working in Business Intelligence in a corporate setting OR three years' experience in digital consultancy with a focus on business intelligence
- Experience designing and implementation business intelligence solutions using Microsoft Power BI
- Experience leading development of business intelligence systems in a large corporate.
Salary & Benefits
- AED25K per month