Location : Dubai
Post Date : 09 November 2016
- Robert half are currently working with a well-known local business that are looking for an internal auditor, you will ideally be western educated and already based in the UAE.
- The purpose of this role is to review and evaluate the organization's internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with Group/Company Policies and Procedures. As an internal auditor you will be expected to assist Internal Audit in achievement of department objectives through planned internal audit reviews and ad hoc assignments in accordance with the Audit Charter.
You will need to have previous experience of the following;
- Perform financial, operational, compliance audits and ad hoc assignments.
- Preparation of system notes for process under review using narratives and/or flow charts and assist in identification of key risks and controls in place to mitigate such risk.
- Assist in the development of detailed audit work papers incorporating test schedules to ensure that the audit objectives are met.
- Completion of audit, including steps/tests assigned to self within agreed time budgets. Keeping the in-charge / Manager informed of progress for any project time extension.
- Ensure that all work papers are prepared and adequate, clear and relevant evidence obtained to sufficiently support audit conclusion. All work papers should have been properly referenced.
- Gather data for internal audit through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, downloads, analysis, etc.
- Based on evidence gathered and testing performed conclude clearly on each step assigned bearing in mind that the internal controls being tested are suitable, efficient and effective and the audit objective has been met.
- Responsible for discussing and validating any audit exceptions /weakness/concerns highlighted during reviews with client, identifying related risks, recommend corrective action/improvements and document relevant Management responses for the exception in the Team Mate Exceptions.
- Quantify where possible the value of impact and incorporate them in the exception, ensure that proper appendix is maintained for all noted exceptions.
- Assess, where applicable, compliance with the International Accounting Standards (IAS), Regulatory requirements, Company Policies & Procedures and DoA etc.
- Contribute to the identification of key risks and controls during each audit project and evaluate and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the entity internal controls.
- The ideal candidate will already be based in the UAE
- You will be Western educated
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Qualified - CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent or studying towards with numerous years experience in a similar role
- 2 years + relevant audit experience an audit firm and/or internal audit experience
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Salary & Benefits
- AED 13,000 to AED 17,000 salary per month
- Additional benefits to include annual flight, medical insurance and bonus
Gate Village 1, Level 1