Enterprise Data Architect
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 06 October 2016
My client in the retail sector is looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to lead the Information management strategy ensuring the design, creation, deployment and management of the organization's data. You will define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way aligning with overall business architecture where necessary. This role will be responsible for setting the data architecture strategy & vision and for managing day-to-day tactical operations of the BI team.
Identification of business needs
- Works closely with stakeholders across the group to understand how data is, or will be, used and the implication on people, processes, products and technology. Collaborates with data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams.
- Architecture Management.
- Create & maintain data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data naming standards, and metadata standards.
- Perform a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Lead the development of scalable data architecture for all of the BI data assets, including operational data stores and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Capability Development
- Lead the design and subsequent management of a centralized BI center of excellence, ensuring alignment with the overall strategy and quality standards.
- Oversee the development of Source-to-Target Mappings for data flowing into the BI Platform using ETL tool frameworks.
- Implement a Data Quality discipline for transactional and multi-dimensional reporting, across all responsible systems, to ensure confidence when analyzing BI data to drive business decisions as well as ensuring overall alignment.
- Participate in the root cause, problem and solution analysis of business intelligence and IT data management solutions post-implementation to ensure high performance
- Collaborates with the Head of PMO to review project performance and identify opportunities for improvement in data management, integration and duplication.
- External IT Service Providers
- Liaise with external service providers and review the quality of deliverables to ensure the services provided are aligned to company's set standards and expectations
- IT Security
- Collaborate to ensure implementation and management of IT security systems and disaster recovery plans.
- Operating Model & Governance
- Liaise with relavent parties to define the overall vision, strategy and principles for business intelligence and data management
- Maintains and communicates information management strategy.
- Reviews new business proposals and provides specialist advice on information management, including advice on and promotion of collaborative working, assessment and management of risk.
- Defines and implements the strategy roadmap for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems.
- Change Management & Sustainability
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Years of Experience
- A minimum of 10 -12 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle/MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical
- Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of an Enterprise architecture tool, such as: Orbus iServer, Sparx EA or IBM Rational.
Knowledge and Skills
- Retail data and analytics knowledge is a plus
- Experience using with project management, ITIL and SDLC methodologies
- Solid experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema
- Knowledge of relational SQL databases and SQL in at least one of the following environments: Oracle. Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL
- A good working knowledge of e-commerce and an understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- Have a detailed understanding of key data, BI & Central Systems technologies and techniques. A good appreciation of solution architecture, software and solution delivery practices, IT infrastructure and application architecture.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture.
- Clear experience of defining and delivering BI and Analytics platforms / solutions including semi-structured, unstructured data analytics and support for data science use cases.
- An understanding of how data architecture and integration architecture align and complement one another, across a broad range of integration patterns & approaches.
Salary & Benefits
- AED45K Per month + car + benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1