Location : Abu Dhabi
Post Date : 10 October 2016
- To coordinate and communicate with clients, Attorneys/Advocates/Legal Counsels, Court Clerks and Accounts department various tasks such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence, docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and diaries, invoicing, time-sheets, etc.
- To play a key role in ensuring client relations with the firm by managing required information internally.
- To prepare for hearings, closings, trials and client meetings in coordination with the Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel.
- Organise and prepare documents for client meetings with all relevant information
- To study and prepare in coordination with the Senior/Legal Counsel precedents and judicial decisions, appropriate laws, legal articles and other materials that may be relevant.
- To participate in meetings along with the Legal representative of the firm and clients and investigate case facts to ensure that all relevant information is available for consideration.
- Understanding the legal aspects of the case from the Legal Counsel/Sr Legal Counsel and communicating/explaining these to the clients.
- Updating and communicating with the clients with regards to the court requirements, decisions, payments, legal documents, dates, etc.
- To prepare draft of the fee agreements as per the agreed terms and conditions/firm's fee policy and coordinating with the client to ensure approval.
- To open case files for each case as per the standard procedures in coordination with the accounts department.
- To review the documents and place them in the file for reference of the legal representative/Case Manager.
- To be the central point of communication for sending and receiving communication with clients and their representatives and keeping the legal representative/Case Manager/Accounts (as the case may be) informed and updated on all developments with regard to each case.
- To liaise with the counsels for preparation of legal pleadings, motions, discovery and stipulation.
- Performs administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials, translation, proofreading, verifying, and editing all materials for extreme accuracy and clarity.
- To maintain court dockets and diaries (for hearings/meetings) in the prescribed manner and ensure that the dates are communicated to the legal representative/case manager and client on time. To ensure that all concerned parties are available for hearing/meeting.
- Conduct research on previous court cases with reference to the case as directed by the Senior Counsel/Legal Counsel.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to cases.
- To translate the clients' inquiries and or any other communication for the Legal Counsel. To translate any document which is to be coordinated with the client as per the preferred language i.e. Arabic or English.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients. Communicating with the Court clerks in order to get the courts and hearings updates.
- Preparing our memorandums and the court charges if any and handing it over to the Court clerk.
- Coordinate scheduled court appearances for the client and counsel/advocate and follow-up to ensure the same.
- To manage the files to ensure all correspondence, material, legal documents as per the standard practices for retrieval/accessibility to the legal counsel/ HODs as and when required. Assembles documents and exhibits.
- To track pending cases by updating the information in the system which must be available to all the concerned involved in the case. It is critical to track and update progress as per the operating procedure of the firm to avoid any defaults/fines or other casualties due to delay for the firm as well as the client.
- To maintain all case files in soft form on the portal in order of closure and manage the archive for all case files. To ensure all files are stored as per the standard procedure of the firm and is accessible to the concerned for future reference and/or action.
- To record and maintain time sheets as per the policy of the firm. Update all entries in the system for invoicing on a regular basis. Reconcile the timesheets with the pre invoice prior to dispatching it to the client.
- To coordinate collections with Accounts from clients within the agreed period.
- To supervise the duties and tasks of the court clerks.
- To manage the day to day coordination of required activities and documents with the court clerks
- To manage all the personnel requirements of the court clerks in coordination with the Case Manager
- MS office - Excel/IT systems
- Legal terminology, legal forms and documents, legal practices and procedures, litigation
- Time Management/Priority Management
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
- Process Oriented
- Communication and coordination skills (internal and external)
- Client focus/orientation
- Communication skills (Interpersonal skills)
- Teamwork and collaborative
Minimum Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- Diploma in law from a recognized business school or college
- Fresh graduates or working experience in a law firm.
Gate Village 1, Level 1